Sunday 26 February 2012

Finished the Swinton Ghost Sign

 A while back, I posted a blog about a sign I was doing for a friend's art store. Well, after a couple of delays, it's finally finished. First, the design was transferred to the wall with a pounce pattern, then hand painted onto the cinder block surface, and finally aged. The sign measured 5' x 10', and was to have a very weathered look. All the lettering and aging was done with water-based paints. I think this is becoming one of my favorite types of jobs to do. Hope you enjoy the photos, and feel free to comment or ask questions.














1 comment:

  1. I love this but have a few questions. The surface you did this sign on was cinderblock. I am trying one on stucco (relatively smooth). I was going to transfer and paint the letters as a normal sign. It looks like that was your process; then you did the aging. Did you use the diluted 90% water 10 paint spray technique you used on bricks? I was going to do that and some sanding in spots to remove painted areas.I wanted some areas to have paint partially missing as well besides faded out. Any advice would be appreciated!!! Thank you..you do amazing work

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion