Saturday 3 March 2012

Just wrapped up another Ghost Sign project.

Just thought I would do a quick post on a job I just wrapped up. It was for a old fashion Barber Shop. They wanted a sign that looked aged, painted on a brick wall they had installed.. The design was provided by their designer, and I had the task of re-creating it. It's always a challenge to do a sign with so much outlining on brick, but what the heck, that what good patience is for. The sign measured 5' x 10' and was painted in water-based paints. I've also added some pictures of  other jobs, one I did a while ago, and some others of an old movie sign.  Recently, I was on a ghost sign site, and came across a picture that had part of a sign from a movie I worked on years ago. The sign was only suppose to be temporary, but the town asked to leave it. I was surprised to see it was still there. Hope you enjoy the pictures.






 This is part of the picture I came across on one of the Ghost Sign sites. The sign was suppose be background while they filmed inside a Diner.


Here's a picture of myself and my good friend Stu Friesen, lettering the sign. I can tell how old the photo is because my hair is still all one color.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rick, thanks for the acknowledgement. This was almost 16 years ago...great way to pass the day.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment or suggestion